More in this section
- Orange Route 2
- Brown Route 3
- Green Route 4/4A
- Blue Route 5
- Purple Route 6A
- Gold Route 8
- Silver Route 9
- Turquoise Route 10
- Yellow Route 95
- Bus Stop List
- Routes and Services
- System Map
- Rider's Guide
- ADA Paratransit Application
- YCAT OnCall Service Area Map
- YCAT OnCall
- Greyhound Connections to YCAT
- YCAT Vanpool
YCAT OnCall is demand response transportation service that provides door to door transportation for individuals who, because of a disability, are not able to utilize a regularly scheduled fixed route bus service or if the rider cannot access a fixed route bus stop.
Door to door service means that the vehicle will be at the curb of the pick-up point at a prearranged time and upon request, the Bus Operator can provide assistance for the passenger up to the door of the business, home or destination. When waiting for the bus to come, the rider does not have to be standing at the curb, but should be in a location that allows him/her to see the vehicle when it arrives.
If the rider does require more assistance beyond the door, an attendant or personal care attendant may ride free. Arrangements can be made on a case-by-case basis for those persons requiring extra assistance.
Who is Eligible for the Service?
Anyone who is permanently or temporarily mobility impaired, generally defined as a person of any age who is functionally unable to use the regularly scheduled fixed route system for one or more of the following reasons:
- Unable to utilize a regular public transit bus. ("Unable" means that performing the function is absolutely impossible or causes severe, continuing pain; it does not mean discomfort or occasional pain).
- Unable to walk from place of origin or destination to the nearest bus stop.
- Unable to utilize a regular public transit bus to reach a source of life sustaining activities.
What if I am not Eligible?
Passengers formerly eligible for YCAT OnCall service, that are no longer eligible for YCAT OnCall service should contact Western Arizona Council of Governments at 1-800-782-1886. They are operating a specialized transportation program available for those that are senior (age 60 years old and older), have a disability or live outside the YCAT OnCall service area for specific trip purposes listed below.
Western Arizona Council of Governments Subsidy Program
The Western Arizona Council of Governments provides a subsidy for riding YCAT or YCAT OnCall for the following trip purposes:
- Medical Appointments and Dialysis
- Senior Center and Food/Nutrition Trips
To determine eligibility, the client must first call 1-800-782-1886 for eligibility screening. If the passenger is under 60 years old and have a disability, the passenger must present at the first ride a letter of disability from Social Security to include the award letter or a written statement from the doctor stating the disability.
Once certified through WACOG, the client is eligible to receive transportation passes for YCAT or YCAT OnCall from WACOG through contacting the case manager.
Funding to support this service was provided in part or whole by grants through the Administration on Aging, the Arizona DES-DAAS and WACOG-AAA.
If you are a new paratransit rider you will need to be registered and certified eligible by Yuma County Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority (YCIPTA) prior to using the service. To register for services, please download the application below and return it to YCIPTA. Applications can also be sent to you at your request by calling the YCIPTA administrative office (928) 539-7076; TDD/TTY users' call 711 through the Relay Service. You can also write ADA Application Request, YCIPTA, 2715 East 14th Street, Yuma, AZ 85365.
Completed applications can be mailed to the address above, faxed to (928) 783-0309 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors to Yuma County
If you are visiting Yuma County and use ADA paratransit where you live, you may also enjoy the benefits of ADA paratransit service on YCAT OnCall. Simply call (928) 783-2235 or TDD/TTY: 711 though the Relay Service to be added to our client list. After 21 days, you will need to certify with YCAT OnCall following the guidelines above under Application.
The service area for YCAT OnCall is within a 3/4 mile radius of YCAT bus routes operating during the time of request. YCAT OnCall service is not available along Brown Route 3, Blue Route 5 or Gold Route 8, as these routes can deviate for ADA passengers (with limited restrictions). Click here for more details on route deviation services. These is no YCAT OnCall service available for those riders living in the corridor of Silver Route 9 and Turquoise Route 10.
A user who lives outside the service area may be issued an YCAT OnCall identification card; however, the card is only valid for use within the YCAT OnCall service area.
Use of the System
To use YCAT OnCall, a person is required to fill out an application, with a physician's verification to be determined eligible. Once eligible, the user would receive an identification card. The card is to be in the immediate possession of the rider, as the rider may be required to show proof of eligibility to ride.
YCAT OnCall is available from 5:27 a.m. to 8:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:45 p.m., Saturday. No service is provided on Sundays and the following holidays: New Years Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Click here for YCAT OnCall holiday schedule.
To use the service, the rider or his/her representative must make a reservation for next day service. Reservations may be made up to seven (7) days in advance in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
A cancellation/no show policy requires that if the rider must cancel his/her trip request, then it should be done two (2) hours in advance or the rider may lose their riding privilege for a certain period.
YCAT OnCall demand response service is designed to benefit those persons unable to utilize regular transportation. To maximize use of the service, YCAT OnCall operates a shared ride program and rides will be grouped whenever possible.
To make reservations - call Monday through Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to (928) 783-2235. TDD/TTY users should use 711 through the Relay Service.
Tips For Riding YCAT OnCall
- YCAT OnCall is a door-to-door demand responsive service. Bus operators may only assist passengers to the door of a home, building or entrance of a facility as long as they are within the line of sight of their vehicle. YCAT OnCall vehicles cannot be left unattended.
- Any other additional assistance will require the use of a personal care attendant (PCA). A PCA can accompany a person with disability at no additional charge.
- Space is limited, so limit yourself to five packages, that you can carry. That will leave room for more people on the vehicle.
- Just like the bus, YCAT OnCall operate on a schedule. Your pick up window is 30 minutes before or after the time requested. We can’t delay other passengers by waiting for anyone. Our drivers will only wait five minutes and drive on if the passenger has not arrived at the pick-up location.
- Subscription Service—For passengers that have a regular travel pattern (for the same trip on multiple days), subscription service is available on a limited basis. This puts passengers on a regular schedule, so you do not need to request every trip individually. YCAT OnCall must be able to accommodate all trips, so we can only accommodate a very limited number of subscription requests. Please call us for more details on this service.
- Passengers with service animals or traveling with a respirator or portable oxygen supply are welcome on YCAT OnCall.
- All passengers are strongly encouraged to wear seat belts. Wheelchair passengers will wear a lap belt. Child car seats are not provided, passengers must provide their own child car seats.
When making a reservation, please provide us with the following:
- Your name and ID number
- Address where you would like to be picked up
- Time for pick up
- Address where you are going
- Time you need to return
- Mobility type
- Any special needs or if you are traveling with a care attendant
Subscription service is available to passengers that have a regular travel pattern that is daily, weekly or monthly. Please call us to sign up for the service. The no-show and late cancel policy applies to this service.
On evenings, Sundays and holidays, please leave a message on the voice mail system and your call will be returned the next business day. When leaving a message, please leave your name, telephone number, date and time you called, YCAT OnCall registration number, desired pick up time, pick up location, drop off location and desired return time if necessary.
Prevent No Shows and Late Cancels!
Please contact Customer Service at (928) 783-2235 if you no longer require a trip. If a passenger receives three no-shows and/or five late cancels (which exceeds 10% of the total scheduled service by the passenger) in a 30 day period, they will be subject to a 7-day suspension from riding YCAT OnCall transit services. Continued patterns of no-shows and late cancels will result in longer suspensions. Passengers suspended may appeal the decision by mailing, faxing or emailing a letter to the YCIPTA Transit Director. Additional details are located in the YCAT OnCall Rider's Guide.
The YCAT OnCall fares are defined below:
|Description||Within the ADA Fixed Route Zone of mile on either side of YCAT route|
|10-RidePass (paper pass)||$35.00 ($3.50 per ride)|
|Upgrade using Day YCATPass, 10-Ride YCATPass or Monthly YCATPass from YCAT to YCAT OnCall||+$2.00|
|Buddy Fare (5 or more passengers traveling from/to same location)||$2.00 per person|
- Passengers must be ADA certified or a companion to ride YCAT OnCall as first priority.
- Children under 5 ride free - up to four children. Fifth and more children pay discount fare.
- ADA eligible passengers receive free YCAT OnCall registration card - may also use for discount on YCAT fixed routes.
- One Personal Care Attendant rides free. All other companions pay same fare as eligible passenger.
- Transfers to/from YCAT fixed route buses are free.
- Provided personal care attendant - $10.00 per hour.
In addition, 10-RidePass are available at locations shown here. In addition, passengers can mail a request for 10-RidePasses and a check payable to YCIPTA and mail to: 2715 East 14th Street, Yuma, AZ 85365. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Transit servcies are provided by Saguaro Foundation through its SARA Rides program.