More in this section
NewsSubscribe to YCIPTA News RSS Feed
Starting, Monday, August 18, 2014 - the Yuma County Area Transit (YCAT) system will get better, faster, more reliable and even more convenient. All routes will provide two way service and timed transfers will occur at Downtown Yuma Transit Center, West Yuma Transfer Hub, Cocopah Casino and AWC/NAU/UA Transfer Hub. We hope you will ride the new YCAT!
Some key highlights for this change are:
- 30 minute service on Yellow Route 95 during the peak hours, Monday through Friday
- New service to ACCT in San Luis
- Yellow Route 95 and Orange Route 2 is the same bus - no transfer needed - no additional fare
- Reverse service on Green Route 4 - known as Green Route 4A (replaces Red Route 1)
- Service to Yuma Palms Regional Center is now on Orange Route 2
- Service to Social Security is now on Green Route 4 and 4A
- Riders going to East Cocopah Reservation from West Cocopah Reservation can transfer to southbound Purple Route 6A at Cocopah Casino and only wait 12 minutes
- Eariler service from Wellton to AWC/NAU/UA on Gold Route 8, plus new on-request service to AWC East Yuma County
- Direct South County service to AWC/NAU/UA on Silver Route 9
- Later Brown Route 3 service in the Fortuna Foothills on weekdays
- Improved connections between Turquiose Route 10; and
- Blue Route 5 is now a flex route within a 3/4 mile radius of the route and throughout the entire Fort Yuma Indian Reservation.
If you have any questions on the service changes, please contact YCAT at 928.783.2235 or email email@example.com.
These service changes are based on the Five Year Short Range Transit Plan adopted by the YCIPTA Board of Directors on June 23, 2014. Details of that plan is available here.